During the exam period, it’s usually not easy to resist the temptation of using drugs to assist in studies. Can one actually use these substances in a way that actually helps? In this article, we’ll have a deeper look at using magic mushrooms for studying. Can shrooms increase learning performance and capacity, or is it just another hyper? Continue reading to find out more.
The hype on the internet about microdosing, psychedelic drugs, increased productivity, and performance are many. But is the hype real, or is it just another placebo?
Before we go into using magic mushrooms as a potential aid for study, there are a few things you should note. This includes the fact that, in some specific cases, these substances may be able to assist you when studying. However, they won’t do the work for you, and it can be dangerous to take these substances without caution or incorrectly.
Potential Benefits of Using Shrooms for Studying
People are not looking at psilocybin mushrooms with hopes that it can boost their study capacity and enhance their performance in exams. The big question is whether the substance can help or not. Here’s what you should know:
- May help manage anxiety: There is evidence suggesting that shrooms can help in managing anxiety, and this is handy during difficult exam periods.
- Improved creativity: Research also shows shrooms can alter regions of the brain that communicate with one another, and this can enhance creative thinking.
- Improved focus: There are anecdotal reports showing that microdosing shrooms help to increase focus. However, it’s important to note that larger doses can reduce focus.
Guide for Dosing Magic Mushrooms for Studying
It’s important to be extra careful when choosing to use shrooms to enhance learning. Even though there is evidence showing that microdosing can enhance studying, it’s important to also remember that a full dose of shroom can impair memory.
Therefore, if you want to use shrooms to enhance your studies, microdosing is the best way to do it. This doesn’t completely mean that larger doses won’t offer any benefit.
Microdosing and Studying
There are mixed reactions from people around the use of microdosing for studies. Some believe it’s a great tool for increasing productivity and learning, while others write it as ineffective. This is because there aren’t many studies to support either claim, and it’s difficult to tell the exact effects of microdosing on studying.
Microdosing is the practice of taking a sub-perceptual dose of the drug once every three days for a specified period of time, which could be the exam period. The general recommendation is to avoid microdosing for the first time during an intense study period because of the potential adverse effects it brings.
Even slightly high doses can alter concentration and trigger mania-like effects in some individuals. This can also disrupt focus and sleep for days, which is why it’s important to get dosing right.
Using Magic Mushrooms for Studying
As mentioned earlier, it’s important to be careful when choosing to use shrooms for studying. For people who are not experienced with using shrooms, we advise against experimenting during exams or study periods. However, if you’re experienced with using shrooms, and want to try them as a study aid, here are some handy tips to guide you:
- Use a microdosing schedule that works for you.
- Do not dose on exam day unless you know its effects on your body.
- Don’t forget the need to work hard even after taking the shroom because it won’t do the work for you.
- In terms of the benefits for memory and focus, less is more.
- Avoid mixing with other substances like caffeine for study. This increases the activity of your brain, and thinking properly becomes difficult.
- Exercise, sleep well, and eat healthily.
- Taking a substantial shroom dose is a great way to reset after the exam period.
- Trip at least a day after the last exam you write. This is so that you can get some relief from the exam pressure.
Risks of Using Shrooms for Studying
Studies show that there are a few long- and short-term effects of psilocybin on cognitive performance. Basically, there are risks associated with using shrooms and other psychedelic substances while studying. The most obvious risk is on focus. Perceptual psilocybin doses can alter concentration and focus, especially with respect to learning. Writing and reading may become a lot more difficult.
One of the major risks is taking the wrong dose before the exam. That is why we generally advise against taking any shroom on the day you write your exam unless you are sure you know what you’re doing.
Using Shrooms for Studying: Will This Improve Your Result?
With everything above, it’s important to recognize the fact that psilocybin shrooms aren’t magical, and you won’t get any supernatural learning power from them. As a matter of fact, using them wrongly can impair learning.
If you’re considering taking them while studying, the best approach is to stick to a microdosing plan. This is because there are anecdotal reports that show that it can improve memory, focus, and creativity. If you’re a fan of larger doses and want to try it during your study period, just have it in mind that you might not end up studying.
Always be extra careful when using any drug to enhance your performance. There are many myths and hype around these substances and getting it wrong only puts you in danger.