How microdosing can influence relationships?
In previous articles about microdosing psychedelics, we have covered different use of psilocybin for different mental health issues according to research. There are people in different parts of the world today who share their experiences with these substances regularly.
The interest in the substance continues to increase, with researchers working to explore its full potential. In this article, we’ll go through a few practical considerations that you should know. This includes timing, dosing, how to choose a substance, and other common concerns.
Key Considerations Before Choosing a Substance
There are two things that will determine the substance you choose:
Your goals should be the first thing you consider before you choose a substance. Whether you want more focus, more creativity, more logical orientation, or more emotional attunement. The substance you choose can influence how you achieve your goal. Other reasons for microdosing include increasing empathy and connection with people. In general, it’s best to have a goal before you settle for any substance to microdose.
How you Respond to Substance
A vital thing to note is that all substances don’t affect people in the same way. These substances leave different effects on people. For example, there are reports that microdosing psilocybin increases empathy, creativity, and openness. There are also reports about it causing less analytical thinking, logic, and focus. On the other hand, reports show the complete opposite with LSD.
With that said, it’s important that you find what works for you before choosing a substance. The main thing to always remember is that choosing a substance is a personal decision. Also, effects generally vary from person to person.
Obtaining the Substance
The legality of the substance is one of the most vital things to consider before obtaining the substance. We’ll go through some of the common procurement methods:
The common methods people use are
- DIY: Today, there are different mushroom grow kits on the market, and they are legal in many countries. However, they are not always a reliable option. There are also DIY guides to making LSD, and you can find these in many psychedelic communities. While there are DIY methods, it’s always advisable to leave the job for professionals. Doing this at come can be dangerous and impractical.
- Buy from Trusted Sources: The may way people obtain the substance they want to microdose is from a trusted local source. This is because they are readily available and reliable. However, you may need to try a couple of times before you find a trusted source. However, you won’t easily find a trusted local source in regions with strict drug laws.
Drug Quality and Formats
In addition to knowing where to buy from, it’s important to know that these substances come in different forms.
Mushrooms are sold whole and dried
In most cases, you’ll find mushrooms being sold whole and dried. However, you can also find liquid and powdered varieties and even crystals. However, it’s best to go for the whole and dried variety. Another thing to note is that the measurement of psilocybin in each variety may differ.
LSD is sold on paper blotters
The case is different with LSD as they are sold on paper, and people consume them by dissolving them on their tongues. Liquid forms of the substance are also available, and a dose is contained in each drop. However, the paper form is the most common.
Finding the Right Dose
There are different approaches that people use, but the most common is Fadiman’s Protocol. This protocol generally recommends starting low and increasing to higher doses gradually. There are other protocols that people use, and you can find more information in our microdosing guide.
Track Effects with a Checklist
Here are a few things to check to keep track of the effects that you experience:
- Creative: Check whether you are finding qualities in new likes or if you find your mind wandering in new directions. Also, check if you’re getting new ideas and solutions.
- Mental: Check the thoughts that run through your mind and whether there are any changes. Do you have more thoughts than usual or fewer thoughts?
- Social: What type of emotions do you feel? Check if there’s any change in the nature of your speech, tone, and pacing. Your facial expression is also important, whether you’re smiling more or less.
- Emotional: Also keep your emotions in check when microdosing any substance. Check how quickly you resolve things and if there are new emotional qualities. You can also check the quality of your sex, whether it’s better or not.
- Outlook: Check your outlook to know if you’re more negative or positive, more pessimistic or optimistic, or more guarded and fearful.
- Capabilities: Pay attention to your visual acuity, attention span, verbal fluidity, and other areas of awareness.
- Body: Ensure that you stay aware of every area of your body so that you can easily notice changes.
Microdosing is becoming a popular concept, and research interest in psilocybin is on the rise. Whether you’re microdosing for relationships, happiness, or work, these are some of the basic things to know. You can learn more about microdosing and some of the available research on our blog.
Contact us now with your order or questions about microdosing. You can also share your experience with us.