A Definitive Guide to Microdosing with Psilocybin Truffles
SIGN UP AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Disclaimer: Psilocybin is an unlawful substance in certain spots in the world. Microdose Bros don’t empower or approve the utilization of this substance where it is illegal. This guide is intended to guarantee the well-being of the individuals who choose to utilize this substance legitimately.
If you’re familiar with the creative people that live in Silicon Valley, maybe you’ve heard of microdosing. If not, don´t worry. By the time you’ve finished reading this handy guide, all will be clear. When you lose your creativity it can be unsettling to suffer from a lack of inspiration and motivation. Especially if your livelihood depends on it. We all experience lapses in mental clarity and focus from time to time. Sometimes we can’t seem to find the creativity to bring our ideas to life. At times when our creativity deserts us entirely, it is essential to find a solution as quickly as possible. This is exactly whith which microdosing can help you.
Microdosing is spreading from Silicon Valley to more and more places across the globe. It is popular amongst musicians, artists, entrepreneurs, actors, and creatives in general. The trend only looks set to continue in the foreseeable future. Microdosing with psilocybin truffles is extremely beneficial. They are used as a means of enhancing your life, tapping into your unconsciousness, and boosting your creativity. This is why we’ve compiled this handy guide for you.
What is Psilocybin
Psilocybin is a naturally occurring chemical compound that is produced by more than 200 different species of mushroom. It is responsible for feelings of euphoria, hallucinations, and psychedelic trips. Psilocybin truffles are basically the fruiting bodies of underground fungi, in this case, psilocybin fungi. These fungi contain the active compound psilocybin.
Truffles are basically hardened buds found underground formed from mycelial strands, which have failed to develop adequately due to poor growing conditions. There are different strains of ‘magic truffles,’ As a result, each one contains different psilocybin levels. Because there are different strains, different manufacturers will use different ones, as various types of magic truffle can provide slightly different results. Typically, the truffles will come in 15g boxes and be clearly labeled 1 – 5, depending on the strength and potency of the truffles in question. Now, again these numbers are not precise entirely. Still, typically 1g of fresh psilocybin truffles will provide between 0.75mg and 1.75mg of psilocybin while also adding 0.25mg/g for every higher number found on the potency scale.
What is Microdosing
If you’ve ever heard people talking about microdosing but you’re not sure what it is, you’ve come to the right place. Microdosing is basically the process of consuming tiny amounts of psychedelics, in this instance, magic truffles, as a way of enhancing your creativity and boosting cognitive function.
The amounts that you consume are sub-perceptual and are usually between one-twentieth to one-tenth of what would ordinarily be a recreational dose. Sub-perceptual basically means that the effects of the truffles are subtle, or not noticable. It can still provide a very noticeable alteration to your life though.
Microdosing can be used to boost creativity and form ideas and thinking clearer. It can also be used to help treat mental health issues such as stress, anxiety, and depression, and the results speak for themselves. The critical takeaway from microdosing is that it is NOT used as a way of getting high or tripping, but rather, it is implemented into your daily routine as a way of bettering yourself.
How To Microdose with Psilocybin Truffles
As mentioned previously, when you micro-dose with psilocybin truffles, you do not do it to get high or go on a ‘trip’. Rather, you simply enhance your inner self, and better your life. The amounts that you consume are sub-perceptual, not enough to have mind-altering effects. Still, it will enhance your creativity and alter your chain of thought slightly.
The great thing about microdosing with these truffles is that you can consume them in a variety of ways. Some of the most popular methods of consuming magic truffles include:
- Protein shakes
When microdosing initially, it is recommended that you either purchase Fresh Truffles and measure out a dosage of 0.5 to begin with. This is to assess your tolerance and ease yourself into your microdosing adventure. Once you’ve assessed your tolerance, you can then scale the dosage up or down slightly, depending on what it is that you’re looking to achieve and take it from there.
Where does Microdosing Originate?
Because we live in a time where social media and the internet tend to be so influential over our everyday lives, it’s easy to assume that microdosing did originate recently, perhaps as part of an online trend. That, though, is not the case at all.
Fadiman’s book: ‘The Psychedelic explorers guide’
Psychedelics for medicinal purposes can be traced all of the ways back to the 1950s. Despite the popularity and history of psychedelics in the 1960s, it wasn’t until recently, that interest in psychedelics from a creative standpoint really emerged. This is thanks to the publication of a book by Dr. James Fadiman, titled ‘The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide: Safe, Therapeutic, and Sacred Journeys’ (2011).
Dr. Fadiman’s book focused on microdosing. He describes how different cultures and creatives around the world have been microdosing for some time. They do this to enjoy the benefits microdosing provides. Dr. Fadiman’s book looked at microdosing formally, like an actual recognized practice. His book helped to put microdosing on the map and opened up a whole new world of endless possibilities with regards to psychedelic use. Not only that, but the book gave open, honest, and practical advice about the correct and safe usage of psychedelics. The book gave real-life, factual accounts, and experiences by micro-dosers. It also functions as a help and advice for people who are thinking of giving it a try for themselves.
More publicity. Podcasts with Tim Ferriss
Dr. Fadiman didn’t just help to bring microdosing to the public’s eye as a result of his book. He also gave a Podcast interview to Tim Ferriss back in 2015. Tim Ferriss is an entrepreneur renowned for his self-help advice. He rose to fame following the publication of his best-selling book ‘The Four Hour Work Week’.
Thanks to his writing and provided information, Ferriss gained a lot of fans with similar interests. The themes relating to “biohacking” turned out to be very succesful. This includes self-help, embracing spirituality, self-improvement, and psychology. Thanks to Ferriss’ reach and fanbase, his Podcast with Dr. Fadiman helped to reiterate the core messages contained in Fadiman’s book. Basically, it meant that more people became aware of psychedelics in battling depression, and by proxy, more aware of microdosing as a whole.
Waldman’s book: ‘A really good day’
Not long after the Podcast, the number of people experimenting with microdosing and magic truffles in general spiked largely, and people began being more open and honest about their experiences with psychedelics. Since then, microdosing has become more widely accepted. In fact, in 2016, author Ayelet Waldman published a book entitled ‘ A Really Good Day: How Microdosing Made a Difference to my Mood, my Marriage, and My Life’. In this book, she discussed microdosing with LSD for one month, mainly to help deal with various physiological symptoms brought on by changes in her hormones caused by menopause.
Before microdosing, she reportedly suffered horrendous mood swings, which were so severe, they actually put a strain on her relationship with her husband and her children. Once the 30 days were up, the results were astonishing as she stated publicly that the month changed her life and that she was sad she couldn’t continue to micro-dose legally.
What’s The Science Behind Microdosing With Magic Truffles?
It’s easy to sit back and claim that a particular substance, product, or compound does this and that, but backing up these claims is a whole other matter entirely. In this section, we’re going to do precisely that, as not only will we be looking at what microdosing does, we’ll also be looking at how it works. In most countries, it has been illegal to study psychedelics as a means of treatment psychedelics until recently. We therefore don’t know as much about them as we perhaps should, or would like to. Despite this, we have been studying them for more than half a century since the 1950s, and recently, experts have come on leaps and bounds with regards to their research into psychedelics.
Microdosing, as a whole, is a mostly unexplored world as there has been little research conducted into that specific topic, though we do know what large dosages of psychedelics will do to the brain. When talking about the effects of microdosing, and psychedelics, there is one particular neurotransmitter that gets mentioned repeatedly, and that is serotonin.
Serotonin is a chemical that promotes cognitive health and function. In reality, this neurotransmitter plays a key role in pretty much every single thing that we do in one way or another. Serotonin helps dictate how we think, how we feel, how we function cognitively, and how we process information.
So why is serotonin so closely linked with microdosing? The simple reason is that, from a molecular standpoint, psychedelics such as psilocybine work along a very similar neurological pathway and have the same molecular structure as the neurotransmitter serotonin.
Serotonin For Mental Health Issues
It is estimated that 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health disorder at some point in their lives. However, many experts are fearful that this number will actually be much higher and that people will suffer in silence for fear of ridicule. There is still a taboo surrounding mental health disorders that have no place in the 21st century, and thankfully, people who are suffering are speaking up and seeking the help they require. If you suffer from depression and visit a doctor, more often than not, the doctor will write you out a prescription for antidepressant medication without batting an eyelid. Don’t get us wrong, in some cases these drugs do work, but the side effects that they cause can be very severe and extremely dangerous.
Antidepressant drugs can cause a range of health problems. They can drain your libido, cause insomnia, elevate your heart rate, and even cause suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Yes, you did read that right. A drug designed to treat depression can actually make you want to take your own life. This is simply not acceptable. These drugs, known as SSRIs, or Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, are designed to help enhance serotonin uptake in the brain to elevate your mood. Psychedelics such as psilocybine truffles have a similar, but much more direct effect. Rather than trying to enable the brain to absorb more serotonin, they instead mimic the serotonin and stimulate a serotonin receptor in the brain known as 5-HT2A. This receptor, located within the brain’s prefrontal cortex, will result in two prominent effects.
First off all, it will enable the production of BDNF or Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor. BDNF is like the ultimate supplement for cognitive health and function. It helps stimulate brain power and function while helping to forge connections and activity. Secondly, the stimulation of the 5-HT2A receptor helps to increase glutamate transmission. Glutamate is arguably the most crucial neurotransmitter in brain health and function. It helps enhance learning, memory, cognitive health, and function in general. When you combine these two effects, you have the ultimate environment for improved mental health.
The effects of antidepressants are very similar to those of microdosing psychedelics.
Communication Is Key
It’s important to mention that psychedelics can enable parts of the brain that ordinarily do not communicate with one another. This way the brain parts better communicate and link up. This is caused by the psychedelics helping to suppress the activity of an ordinarily overused part of the brain. This part of the brain is known as the DMN, or the Default Mode Network. It is utilized for many cognitive processes, including those relating to creativity and self-awareness.
The DMN, for example, enables the brain to daydream, to self-reflect, to form thoughts and ideas, and to focus on the past, the present, and the future. There is evidence that may suggest that depression, stress, and anxiety, may be linked with an overactive DMN. Experts believe this can result in overthinking. This can include failing to live in the moment and to dwell on the past. But also worrying about the future and things that haven’t or might not happened, and are out of your control.
When you stop and think about it, this makes perfect sense as to why some people find themselves trying to self-medicate with alcohol and recreational drugs to suppress the DMN.
It’s All In The Flow
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you live, or what your personal circumstances are. At some point in your life, you will surely have experienced what is known as a ‘flow state’. Flow is basically where you are living in the moment and fulfilling an objective without even having to think about it. A soccer player who receives a ball, and, without thinking, dribbles past two defenders before beating the goalkeeper. While putting the ball in the back of the net the soccer player is experiencing a flow state. On the other hand, the player could have paused for a millisecond to think about how he was going to beat the defenders. Or maybe he stopped to worry about the goalkeeper saving his shot. By the time he gathers his thoughts, the defender has taken the ball off of him. He missed a goalscoring opportunity.
Flow is one of the greatest things about being human, and its about living in the moment. When you are so confident and capable that you can do something correctly as a second nature, you can really and honestly say that you are experiencing flow. You do things without even having to think about it. As far as microdosing with psilocybine truffles is concerned, no scientific or medical evidence proves that these compounds can facilitate flow states. We know that moderate dosages of psychedelics can alter the way that the brain functions though. This is similar to what happens when you are fortunate enough to experience a flow state.
When you consume moderate dosages of psychedelics, your brainwaves will shift in what is known as ‘alpha oscillations’. Why is this important? Well, because these alpha oscillations of the brainwaves are what is seen when we experience flow states. Once the psychedelics found in magic truffles enter the brain, they mimic serotonin. Serotonin is found in much larger quantities in flow states, and that’s no coincidence. As if that isn’t all, they also help to boost dopamine levels. Dopamine levels elicit pleasure responses. Thanks to the fact that psychedelics help to suppress DMN, parts of the brain which didn’t ordinarily link up and communicate can now do precisely that.
When you add all of the evidence together, this does seem to suggest that microdosing with small amounts of psychedelics could alter brainwaves and neurological pathways to mimic the effects of flow.
How To Safely Microdose
Okay, so the time has come for you to try your hand at microdosing. Still, before you order your psilocybin truffles, first off, it’s crucial to understand how to micro-dose safely, especially if you’ve never done it before. Here is some advice on how to safely and effectively micro-dose to help prepare you for your micro-dose experience.
Microdose Once Every Three Days.
- According to Dr. Fadiman, when microdosing, it is strongly recommended that you micro-dose once every three days.
- So, on day 1, you would like micro-dose and then NOT micro-dose on days 2 and 3.
- On day 4, you would repeat the process again.
- When microdosing, it is recommended that you take notes of the effects. So go ahead and purchase a simple notebook or journal so that you can take notes.
- Write down how you’re feeling, how much you took, how you consumed the psychedelics, any worries, and anything else you deem pertinent to your journey.
- Micro-dose twice per week, making sure to write down as much info as possible, including your emotions, mood changes, behavior, how you slept, your energy levels, and more.
Follow A Routine
- Another useful tip when it comes to microdosing is to follow a structured microdosing routine.
- By this, we mean that you should take the same dosages at the same time, eat the same foods, and not change things around or switch things up.
- Remember, the idea here is not to change your life; it is to enhance your life, so don’t start doing things out of character which you wouldn’t ordinarily do daily, just because you happen to be microdosing.
Take A “You” Day
- When you micro-dose for the first time, ensure that you have the entire day just to yourself. You don’t know what will happen the first time you micro-dose, and the last thing you want is to have a bad experience while at work, in public, or in a place or situation where you would be vulnerable or even put others at risk.
- When you micro-dose, simply take a day to relax, unwind, focus on you, and do the things that make you happy and help you to relax and feel at peace.
Pay Attention To Days 2 And 3
- When you aren’t microdosing, be sure to pay attention to how you’re feeling and behaving.
- A lot of people find themselves actually experiencing heightened levels of creativity and flow the day following a micro-dose.
- Remember, this is nothing like drinking alcohol, so the next day, you won’t experience a hangover or anything similar. You will instead benefit hugely and will likely feel better than ever.
Resist The Urge To Microdose Every day
- Experts do not recommend that you micro-dose every day. This is because you can build up a tolerance to psychedelics. It is similar to drinking excessive amounts of coffee every day. After a while you need more, or it just makes you sleepy. Thus the effect dwindle, while intake increases.
- Once you built up a tolerance, the microdosages that you consume won’t have the same effects. Increasing the dosage would be too dangerous.
- To be honest, it can be dangerous. Prolonged and excessive psychedelic use has been linked with cardiovascular issues.
- Microdosing doesn’t have these adverse effects, though it’s best to be safe. So don’t microdose on a daily basis.
How to Store Magic Truffles
- It may sound like keeping your fresh magic truffles fresh is a challenging task, but it not; in fact, it’s super easy all you need is a refrigerator. To keep your fresh, magic truffles, they need to stay in your refrigerator for up to two to three months. However, if you decide to dry them for personal usage, they can be saved for at least one year after drying. So make sure you store your magic truffles the right way in the refrigerator, and they’ll be around for a long time when you need them. Simple.
SIGN UP AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
At Microdose Bros, we’re taking the concept of microdosing and are breathing new life into it. We are firm believers in self-growth and self-development, and we want the absolute best for each single one of our customers. That’s why we have provided what we believe to be one of the most concentrated, purest, and highest quality psilocybine products on the market today.
Ingredients you can trust
Microdose Bros believes in quality over quantity, which is why we refuse to compromise on the ingredients which we use to manufacture our psilocybine truffles.
- We utilize only the freshest and finest quality sclerotia, which is vacuum-sealed and pre-cut to help keep moisture away and to help protect it against the powerful UV rays of the sun.
- The fresh sclerotia we use to manufacture these truffles are 100% natural, unprocessed, and not powdered.
- For added peace of mind, this product contains no allergens, it is gluten-free, and it contains no artificial ingredients, no filler ingredients, no GMO ingredients, no additives, and no preservatives.
What effects can I expect?
Your senses are awakened. Our truffles will help lift your spirit and promote a feeling of happiness and euphoria. Simultaneously it boosts self-confidence, creativity, and improves the cognitive function. And it does this without any noticeable mind-altering effects! One of the best things about our Psilocybine truffles is that you can use them in a variety of different ways. Below we will shortly describe some ways of taking truffles.
You can eat truffles directly from the packaging. Ensure that you consume them on an empty stomach. Chew them thoroughly to maximize the effects.
One of the most popular ways of using psilocybine truffles is to make tea from them.
- Take the truffles, cut them finely, and then leave the small pieces of truffle to infuse in simmering water for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Pass the liquid through a coffee filter, infuse with a teabag, and then enjoy as you would a regular cup of tea.
- Be sure to squash and press the chunks of truffle for maximum effects.
A great way to hide the taste of the truffles and suppress the effects somewhat is to use them in smoothies.
- Lightly crush the truffles, add them to a blender with the smoothie ingredients of your choice, and gently pulse until the desired result.
Enjoy your smoothie!
- Remember, psilocybine truffles are potent ingredients, and you must treat them with respect.
Do not consume drugs, alcohol, or other mind-altering substances, and NEVER exceed the recommended dosage.
- For the ultimate microdose experience, aim for 0.50 – 2g or so.
- Make sure to begin low, assess your tolerance, and work your way up.
- Must be 18+ years of age to consume this product.
How to store your truffles
- Once opened, consume this product within 30 days.
- Store in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight, ideally at temperatures between 2 degrees C and 6 degrees C.
- Please note, the product may become discolored and take on a blue color once opened. If this occurs, do not worry, as the product is still perfectly safe to consume. Copyright ©
Sign up to learn more about microdosing Psilocybin Truffles! Check out the shop to see more microdose products and functional mushroom products without the psychedelic effects, but with health benefits.
SIGN UP AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!